Sunday, October 23, 2005

Sometimes I rant too loud

doh...

Don’t bitch too loud…

While hanging out in a department store, I was talking to a friend of mine about my experiences studying Advertising and Public Relations. I was quite vocal about my distain of the two professions. I told him how much I hated spin and ads everywhere.

I went on a long rant about it, when I noticed a middle-aged lady looking at me, hearing my every word. She started to smile the more I bitched about the subject of advertising, I mean I was really putting down the industry. I might have even said that I would never get into it.

“You what’s funny, I work in Advertising,” the lady said to me, laughing out loud. She had the biggest grin on her face.

I felt a mild case of embarrassment on my part, realizing I said some bad things. “Really?”

The friends around broke out in laughter.

The funny thing was that she never disputed my rants. I bet she agreed with me.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

A lot of people have opinions about cable news, so I usually enjoy hearing rants about it, for good or bad. Of course, "rant" usually denotes something bad, so I get an earful of complaints, nothing of which I can do anything about.

Semaj said...

Yeah, i understand. I usually gave loud vocal rants that I make sure everyone hears. so, I should have known.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47