Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Elizabethtown, dont want to go...and I dont live too far from it either



Elizabethtown rotten, nine reviewers out of ten agree…

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/elizabethtown/

Comment: I was sitting with a group of co-workers at a Denny’s, when someone mentioned movies.

“I want to see Elizabethtown,” one girl said.

I glared across the table, insulted. “If I wanted to see something about Kentucky, I’ll just walk outside,” I remarked.

Nothing compels me to go see something about a movie about a town that isn’t too far from me. Then again, I was never a fan of Ky, and would be more than happy to move out of this backward state.

Anyway, critics seems to hate the movie…

"Rambling and surprisingly pointless."

"A jumble of potentially intriguing concepts that rarely gel and leave the sticky residue of bad impromptu theater"

"Dunst plays an android programmed to bestow idiosyncrasy like a Pez dispenser geeked at regular intervals."

"I came out of Elizabethtown with one question: what’s the point? I still haven’t figured that out."

Okay, the Android Dunst is a pretty mean thing to say. I’ll check this one out on DVD.

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47