Thursday, October 20, 2005

For Music


Music My Other Love

For my Media Writing class, I had to interview a bunch of teachers and Department heads for an article I was writing. However, one department had a bigger impact on me than any other one. With a fellow media student, we entered the Music Technology department.

The small room had at least 10 computers lined up front to back. We sat down, and the professor stepped away from one of his computer and introduced himself.

“Who in this group has a musical background history?” the Professor asked.

I raised my hand. “I have 10 years of experience in bass clef music.”

“Good,” the Professor said.

So, he proceeded with his demonstration and showed us how music got edited together. As I watched him piece together samples to create music, it dawned on me that something was missing from my life. I spent a greater part of my life playing music, and I’ve miss it a great deal. However, I have a new love in my life called writing. I love writing, and I wouldn’t want it to suffer if I ever dive back into music.

After it was all done, The Professor looked over at me, “I hope to see you in my class next semester.”

I simply nodded and said, “Me too.”

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47