Thursday, April 04, 2019

PDP vs Wil Wheaton: In the end, we all lose.

People tend to forget his wonderful role in...Flubber or Toy Soldiers.  




Like a bad case of crotch warts, Wil Wheaton rises from the bushed and virtue signals.  I think Wil took a hit in the SJW market due to his friendship to Chris Hardwick and he supported a “real women only” feminist.  I think he needed the woke-HP and decided to rally against PewDiePie.   
I really don’t have a horse in this race (is that the right saying?), but I wanted to point out this issue.  Wil has forgotten that he is more than just a leader of social media.  Heck, I used to be a huge fan of Wil back in the early Internet blogging days and he inspired me to blog the way I do today.  At one point, he wrote books and did acting jobs.  He used to be an avid blogger.  For some reason, he moved away from being a content creator into an activist and I think it has hurt his brand.  Wil has been on both sides of the geekdom.  He acted in a major geek universe and is on the other side as well.   
You can make a difference through actions, in your cast acting and creating, instead of screeching on social media.  I would like to see him get back to doing what he did before being a social media clown.  Your actual work has more meaning than a FB or Twitter post.   
Side Note:  When you look up Wil Wheaton Meme, I come up in the image results.  Why?  



No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47