Thursday, October 29, 2015

Jaleel White and Wax Museum Steve Urkel

Jaleel White and Wax Museum Steve Urkel 
What the f' was that? Did I fall into a time vortex and arrive in the 90s?
I really, really hate this ad a lot and I really hate the character of Urkel too. I remember everyone talking about how cool he was in his first appearance on Family Matters. I kind of liked the original concept of the show with it being about a black working class family, Then, they added Urkel to the show and the ratings started to take off, but the concept for the show switched to Urkel instead. 
The show got progressively dumber and dumber with a bunch of sci-fi concepts. 
I hated the character because he was just an updated version of JJ from Good Times. I just didn't understand why people liked him given that he's a live version of Jar-Jar Binks.
I guess some ad exec got nostalgic for TGIF shows and dug up Jaleel White (AKA Sonic the Hedgehog) for this stupid unfunny commercial.
And, if I hear one more person say, “did I do that?”...
F' Steve Urkel. 



No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47