Friday, July 13, 2012

Listening to The Dark Knight Rises score (a few thoughts)


Listening to The Dark Knight Rises score (a few thoughts)
I must break the Bat. 
I personally think James Newton Howard should have came back for the last film since he co-wrote the scores for the earlier films. You could clearly hear the differences between the two composers in the scores, but they blended in well. For this new score, Zimmer goes in alone for the composing duties.
I really do like this score a lot because Zimmer added the Bane chanting. You can hear the chanting throughout the score. I don't think the score is as diverse as the first two scores and that's a problem. However, the action cues are very impressive. And the Bane and other new themes are very cool.
The two note Batman theme is back, but there might be another hero theme added in there too.  It also appears there is a Catwoman theme in the score too.  
Is the low toned cue and the Bane Chanting a part of the same theme?
My favorite track has to be Imagine The Fire. I love the chanting toward the middle.
Now, the Bane chanting is actually people on the Internet recording it and Zimmer using it for the tracks on the score and in the movie.  I thought that was kind of cool. 
Overall, I really dig the score.  And, it is certainly more interesting than the James Horner's score for the new Spider-man.  (However there are some good tracks on there too)

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47