Wednesday, July 25, 2012

RIP Sherman Hemsley (AKA George Jefferson)



RIP Sherman Hemsley (AKA George Jefferson)
It looks like all my syndicated TV show stars are dying recently.
From People.com, ((Hemsley died at his home in El Paso, Texas, police say. A cause of death was not immediately known.  ))
I remember watching re-runs of The Jeffersons as a child. I watched this with Different Strokes. I really liked seeing a black family “make it” and move into a richer neighborhood (A deluxe apartment in the sky) And, yes the show was a spinoff from the popular TV show All in the Family. And the Jeffersons was on the air for 11 seasons. Holy crap.
Anyway, RIP George.
You can't go wrong with the theme song right? I love this song.


Here's a different version (I believe)
Deacon Ernest Frye from Amen
I remember being a fan of Amen, another popular show.
Fresh Prince appearance...

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47