Tuesday, July 03, 2012

RIP Andy Griffith (AKA Matlock)


RIP Andy Griffith (AKA Matlock)

From TMZ, ((Andy Griffith, an icon of TV, has died ... this according to Andy's close friend, former UNC President Bill Friday.  ))
I was never a fan of The Andy Griffith Show, but I pretty much watched every single episode of Matlock in reruns. Because my mother was a huge fan of the show, I ended up watching it too. And, I started watching it by myself on cable. Matlock really connected with the old people and me.  I kind of like that his character was set in his ways, which I am starting to see in myself as I get older.  
Heck, Matlock went on for so long that it switched networks. It lasted for almost ten years. I also remember Griffith reprising his Matlock role on Diagnosis Murder.  I spent a lot of summer mid-days watching the show.  
Griffith played the character well. I can’t see Griffith without seeing Matlock.
You will be missed Matlock. 

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47