Friday, October 24, 2008

Chair-gate: Nhlanhla Nene becomes a 'fall guy'

Nhlanhla Nene destroys chairs (This video still has me laughing)

With all the doom and gloom about the world economy, It’s nice to have something the whole world can laugh at; An overweight dude breaking a chair and falling on his ass.

Like any other boring interview, South African Finance Committee Chairperson Nhlanhla Nene sits there answering questions when he hears a crack in his chair. Mere moments later, the chair explodes into pieces and he proceeds to fall to the floor.

It was all caught on tape.

Key points in the video...

~Watch his body jerk after the first snap

~Even though he never misses a beat, watch his eyes. He knows he only has a few seconds before he goes down. There were a couple of seconds he could have stopped the interview and jumped out of the chair.

With this Chair-gate video, Nhlanhla Nene has found himself quickly becoming an Internet celebrity.

The link above has this to say about the Chair-gate incident…

((His office said he was alright after the fall and did not want to comment to the media, which had been swamping him. "He doesn't want to entertain it anymore."))

I'm sure his ego is a bit bruised. I'm certain he'll have his people inspect every chair before he sits down again. Or he'll just do interviews standing up.

Listen, I've actually had that happen to me during a middle school class in a science lab. I watched as my ass and body fell to the floor as my lab stool gave way. Everyone had good laugh out of it with the except of me. That fall hurt, man.

Hey, falling on our asses makes us human, right? But, it was funny.

Did he complete the interview on the floor?

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47