Thursday, October 30, 2008

He-Man and She-Ra: The Secret of the Sword

Before there was Xena, there was She-Ra

He-Man and She-Ra: The Secret of the Sword

(http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thedudette/nostalgia-chick/2213-she-ra-princess-of-power)

Whoa, I actually remember watching this ‘movie’ way back in 1985! And, I remember being very disappointed with the ‘movie’. This had something to do with the fact it was more of a She-Ra movie and not really a He-Man movie. I was also disappointed the He-Man show was replaced by its spin off She-Ra.

The kicker is that this ‘movie’ wasn’t supposed to be a movie at all. It was a collection a five-part series premiere for the spin off show She-Ra. This is a problem when you do little to re-edit it into a film. The plot isn’t that ‘big’ and if you put something that was made for the small screen on the big screen, the story better be good enough for the big screen. (I’m looking at you X-Files 2 movie.)

I’ve been watching the movie on the Internet, in tiny portions, and I’m forced to say the movie hasn’t aged well at all. It is still nice to re-visit the film though.

Secret Of The Sword Part 1

Secret Of The Sword Part 2

Secret Of The Sword Part 3

He-man and She-Ra: Secret of the Sword (pt 4)

2 comments:

PJ said...

I might have seen this one in the cinema too back in the 80s. My older brother took me, and I remember him telling me to shut up when I said "Wow" when He-Man called upon the powers of Grayskull.

Semaj said...

I remember watching the movie with my mother and brother. I did like that He-Man was in another world, but I didnt like that She-Ra took up most of the movie.

It's always nice to look back at this retro stuff.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47