Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Now We Are Free (Juba's Mix) from Gladiator

Now We Are Free (Juba's Mix) from Gladiator

This was the originally the way film was supposed to end with this African version of Now We Are Free. It strangely has a more uplifting tone to it and turns into an North African celebration at the end. I'm almost certain Lebo M is the one leading the African voices at the end. (Hans Zimmer's friend and worked with him on the Lion King score.)

Lisa Gerrard sings the song differently, giving a lower voice and rolling her words. I like this version better than the one used in the film. But I understand that Juba mix was probably too bright for the somber ending.

You can compare it with the version used in the film. She doesn't the lower notes in the version used in the film.

Anyway, I thought I'd point this out. Enjoy the music.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks! I was trying to figure out what the African singing at the end is all about in that version. I'm going to check out Lebo M.

Anonymous said...

Did You find out what song is it in the end??
If yes please let me know!
Thanks

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47