Sunday, March 28, 2021

Russ, it is what you know.



For some reason, I find Russ to be an interesting cat.  It also seems he sent me a subtle shoutout a few months back. So, I know I am on his radar. While I think he can be a dangerous person, I still think he can "git good" and turn "baby face".

For shits and giggles, I decided to look at Mr. Rusty’s professional music page.  Given I haven’t changed my blog in ten years, it is all fine and dandy.  I checked out his “about me” page, and something really bothered me about it.  

Here it is.  ((Afterall, it's not what you know -- it's WHO you know. ))

He put this flawed and misguided statement in his Taylor Swift song as well.  Given the music distribution model today, it would be easier for you to network with other artists on your level.  

There is a reason you still hear about Prince or Michael Jackson after their deaths.  That is because of their talents.  It is not about WHO you know, Russ.  It is about talent, busting your ass, and creating more and more content.  Honestly, I think you would grow as an artist if you’d stop DM/bothering women on social media, and you worked on your music.  If this is important to you, make it important and work on reshaping your image and becoming a better writer.  

With your current legal troubles and silly lawsuits, this chip on your shoulder is going to hold you back. 

Side Note: As much as I shit on Russ, his music is still way better than Stephen (Thought Crimes) GC.





No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47