Thursday, March 04, 2021

Fantasy Island Movie (no review)

 Fantasy Island Movie (no review)



I grew up on the really corny Fantasy Island series.  I used to watch it with the Love Boat.  Heck, I even know about the forgotten remake from the late 90s with Malcolm McDowell.  Now, why would they even bother making a remake for the big screen though?  It seems odd.  Hey, let’s cast a bunch of good-looking people and not have a script.  


I tried to watch the movie, but I could only watch about 15 minutes of it.  I had to stop it because it was so poorly made and dumb.  Furthermore, I can watch terrible movies, but not like this, and I simply couldn’t sit through it.  Blumhouse isn’t my company for high quality.   


The only good thing to say about the movie is that the  Bear McCreary score is pretty good.  If you listen to it by itself, it is a good set of tracks.  My only problem is there are moments when he seems to like the Lost strings and horns, thus making it sound like a Lost score.  


No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47