Tuesday, January 02, 2018

2017, go f' yourself

2017, go f' yourself


Given that 2016 was a total shit show for me, I knew that 2017 was going to be worse. I just didn't think it would be this bad. I probably slept more in 2017 than any other year. After pretty much disconnecting from everyone and everything, I have been walking around with a plastered frown on my face.
I spent the end of 2017 with a drunk guy and six police officers in a ride-sharing incident I can't get into just yet. I have to say that I would like to thank a certain Police department for helping me deal with a terrible thing. Anyway, this incident is a great way to end a shitty 2017 and pave in the way for 2018.
While I am happy that 2017 is over, I am dreading what horrors are in store for me in 2018. I told a half-filled guy that it is only going to worse for me.
I do have some plans for 2018, but I can't get my hopes up. One of them is to focus even more on my writing. Last year I actually submitted my first short story to a publication. I didn't even get a rejection letter, but it is a start.
The other thing is to start up a Patreon for my blog in order to shift away from my 20-plus job and into a more work-for-myself sort of focus going forward. After working for myself with my other job, I can see the appeal of working for yourself. It is so refreshing. So, I want to put that effect into writing and other creative things.

Anyway, we'll see how things go for 2018.   

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47