Tuesday, February 14, 2017

He WILL Divide us...I guess.

He WILL Divide us...I guess.
Well, that was rather quick.
From the Moving Image website, ((The Museum of the Moving Image has closed HEWILLNOTDIVIDE.US, a participatory Internet streaming performance by LaBeouf, Rönkkö & Turner. The installation created a serious and ongoing public safety hazard for the Museum, its visitors, staff, local residents, and businesses. ))

The Museum has abandoned us” is posted on the live stream.
This was supposed to be a 4-year protest of Trump via a live stream. It only lasted mere weeks. Given the high state of hatred between the supporters and detractors of Trump, it was only a matter of time before someone got stabbed or shot due to the intense beliefs on both sides. We can't even stand on the same street without something bad happening.  I have lived through the Clinton and Bush Jr years and it has NEVER been this much division between the two groups.  
Just think of how much this live stream would have divided us. I think the Museum of the Moving Image did the right thing by removing the camera. There is too much risk involved.
While I felt the protest stream thing was stupid, I loved the fact it was a living-breathing meme with trolls everywhere. I loved the reactions from a very serious Shia LaBeouf as people trolled him. I am going to miss it despite the misguided nature of the protest.


The best part is they tried to “build a wall” around the camera. Listen to this guy and he sums up everything wrong with the protest.



No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47