Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Jake Lloyd hates Star Wars?


Jake Lloyd hates Star Wars?
After watching that famous interview, I’ve come to the conclusion that he’s more than a little bitter about how Episode 1 turned out. (That interview)
I can't say I feel bad for the guy really. He got to do something that most kids would have dreamed of living through. If I was a kid, and GL asked me to play in the SW universe. I am sure I wouldn't be bitter about it. Yeah, it wasn't a great film. And the two overall terrible factors in the movie are Jake Lloyd and Jar-Jar, but I wouldn't have been this bitter. Check it out.
From the Daily Telegraph, ((The 22-year-old became so haunted by the movie he vowed never to act again and he has stayed true to his word. ))
While I am not defending Episode1 completely. Couldn't you have said the same thing about his other role in Jingle All the Way which is a far worst movie than Episode 1?
From Daily Telegraph, (("Other children were really mean to me," he said.
"They would make the sound of the light saber every time they saw me. It was totally mad."))
Uh, suck it up, Anakin. You got to star in a damn movie. They didn't. Most of them will never have that to talk about. You can always fall back to that at parties and get some action from the ladies. After those kids made those sounds, you should have said, “I got paid, SOBs”) (Then again, Tom Green made a movie too, Freddy Got Fingered). I think this is Jake making seem worst than what it was. Try being a child that never popular and just an outsider. I would have killed for the kids making those noises toward me. Then, again there must be a different definition of what bullying is.
Why is it the other actors in the film have had careers outside of Star Wars? Most of them have made huge strides commercially and critically, proving they were better than the material. They've been able to wash the smell of Episode 1 off of them, while Lloyd seems a little bitter. And, trust me I know bitterness because I am the same way with my job. I hate it and still bitter about how they screwed me over. When it all boils down to we're to blame for the bitterness. (Doesn't he show up for conventions?)
It is a lot easier to retire from acting when you’re caught up in anger. The key is to bounce back with a better role.
To be fair, it wasn’t fully his fault. George Lucas should have never cast Lloyd in the main role. It becomes clear that the other kid in the running for the role should have gotten to part because he was more natural. Lloyd simply didn’t have the acting chops to pull off Lucas’ poor dialogue. Check out the other kid’s performance compared to Lloyd.
Plus, it doesn’t help that Lucas wrote the character too young.
But, to throw away your SW merchandise seems a bit sour grapes to me. While I wouldn't say it was your best experience, it was a Star Wars experience.
And, Lucas thought Hayden Christiansen was a good actor.
And, trust me he’s not the only one that’s bitter about being a child actor. Let me introduce you to Brian Bonsall. He’s far worst.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think it's more that he has a grip on the difference between "I am a star worthy of praise", and "I was in a movie that many people liked". He doesn't have a big head and kudos to him for that.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47