Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Tebowing? Can we stop this nonsense, please? (A bit of a rant)

Tebowing?  Can we stop this nonsense, please? (A bit of a rant)
I logged into Facebook and discovered that two of my friends posed for the Tebowing pictures.  I wanted to leave a comment comdemming them for their actions.  Since they are my friends, I said nothing. 
Just like the stupid Duckface pictures, I’ve had enough of this meme.  While some are doing it as a goof, others have a political lean to doing it. 
In many ways, it is just a holy version of planking.  When your grandmother starts doing it, it is time to stop.  Like planking, it has gone too mainstream, and I am not trying to be a hipster about this either.  It just comes across as lame. 
By the way, I have no idea who Tebow is.  I just know he’s really religious and a football player.  But, that’s it. 
So, please just stop with the damn Tebow crap. 

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Did planking start with a celebrity too?

Semaj said...

on wiki, Tom Green says he was the one that started it first. I can actually see that knowing how many strange things he's come up with

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47