Saturday, January 07, 2012

Jay-Z: Can I get a What-What




Jay-Z:  Can I get a What-What
I actually like this song.  Perhaps, it is robotic beat with the some nice rapping from Jay-Z, Ja (Every thug needs a lady) Rule, and Amil.  I heard this track on a local station found myself nodding head.
And, yes the song is all about sex and Jay-Z asking to “hit that”. 
Since the video and the song were tied to the Rush Hour film, the good one, the late Chris Penn shows up in the video as a bartender.  We also get random clips from the movie Rush Hour thrown in for good measure. 
This song came out in 98 when hip-hop still had a mixture of good rap and good music.  This also marked the time when Ja Rule was still consider a good rapper and performer before 50 Cent made him into a joke and Ja co-staring with Steven Seagal. 
Now, Amil has an interesting history.  Jay-Z brought her up with him in a few of his hit tracks, such as this one.  However, they had a bit of a falling out.  They haven’t spoken since.  I remember her from the Jay-Z videos, but I am willing to hear some of her solo tracks, because she’s good in this song. 


Here’s the uncensored version of the song.
DJ Hero released a mash up with Eminem’s Lose Yourself.


No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47