Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Jumping the refrigerator


Jumping the refrigerator
Things that make you go "Hmmmm".
Film School Rejects has a list of the top five shows that jumped the shark back in 2011. I wanted to add my three cents to some of the shows.
-Glee:  Being a guy from a musical background, I actually identified with the first season of Glee.  I thought it was a quirky show with some nice 80s and 90s songs.  And, I have a huge crush on Heather Morris.  Plus, Jane Lynch is outstanding as the villain/anti-hero.  Something happened to the show in the second season.  Like FSR stated, an adgenda started to creep into the scripts and the character started to become mouthpieces for views.  I just stopped watching the show. 
-Dexter:  Man, this season started out so well, but ended with such a thud.  The last episode seemed like they weren’t even trying.  Debra Morgan is in love with Dexter?  Did we really need them to add that angle to the story?  Hated that subplot so much.  Can’t we have characters that are close without being in love…even brother and sister?  (Excluding Game of Thrones)
-True Blood:  I actually liked this season.  Loved the addition of the witches and fairies to the world.  I am just not sure where they are going to go with the next season.  “Sookie is mine.” 

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I was a little surprised when they brought the fairies in and how they did it. So far HBO seemed to have been following Charlaine Harris' books pretty well, but by adding the fairies when & how they did they messed up a future book of hers.

Next season (if they follow the books) should be something to do with a vampire summit and a hurricane (Katrina) but since in HBO the hurricane already happened, I'm not sure what they'll do there. Maybe the BP oil spill?

Semaj said...

Maybe they'll add another fictional Hurricane. The BP Spill will work, but they'll use a fictional version of the company.

Yeah, I am not sure where they're going with the fairies, I just think they'll be very bad news for the vamps

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47