Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Bow Wow : "Crunch Time"


Bow Wow: Crunch Time
A friend from work asked me to review this music video. 
I’ve never hated or like Lil Bow Wow, and I feel the same way with him now.  I knew he had some albums and showed up in a few movies.  Heck, he was on Moesha and The Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift.  But, I just saw him as another version of ABC or Kriss Kross. 
Okay, the actual track isn’t that bad.  I’ve heard the background music from somewhere, but I am not sure where.  Where does this sample come from?  And, I have give Bow Wow credit for not following some of the trends that current rap groups seem like to copy from each other.
However, the parts with Bow Wow mugging to the camera are a bit…goofy.  He tugs at his NBA hat about 24 ½ times during the video (Yeah, I counted).  I wouldn’t have noticed, but someone pointed it out to me. 
I am even fine with the bragging raps, but the music video isn’t that good. 
Notes:
-Bow Weezy?  Why does everyone throw in Weezy into their name now? 
-He makes it rain on some strippers.  This shows us he’s a grown man now.  I guess we won’t be seeing a Like Mike 3: Back to the Court. (Yes, there was a Like Mike 2, but Bow Wow less). 

2 comments:

frenchdope said...

Hi Semaj !

I think the sample is taken from that track (2'58) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LANHWwEjOAU

Peace.

Semaj said...

Sweet, yeah it is from Connan good catch. I guess they pitched it down for the beat.

again, good find.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47