Friday, May 07, 2010

Little Shot of Horrors Cartoon show? (little shop)

Little Shot of Horrors Cartoon show?

Youtube suggested this clip with me, and I am a little shocked I knew nothing about this cartoon version of the 80s remake.

My first thought was this; why would anyone want to make cartoon version of the movie?

Here’s why I say that. The film is firmly a dark comedy/musical. There are a lot of gruesome and sexual things in the movie that can’t be translated into a Saturday morning cartoon show. The movie had a strange sexual relationship between Audrey and the Dentist and Seymour chapped up body parts to feed the plant. These aren’t things you want in a cartoon show.

Here’s the crazy part, Frank Oz helped create this child friendly version of the Little Shop Horrors. I also must add that I’m not a big fan of the character designs. They seem a bit sloppy. With the weak-ass rapping and poor drawing, this show is horrible.

Luckily, the show only lasted one season.

Notes:

-I like that they completely dropped the word “horror” from the title. We certainly don’t want our children asking about horror.

-This talking plant can rap!: Lame.

-The shows seems to be completely unrelated to the continuity of the movie.

-This plant is not an alien from space but from 2-million years in the past: So, where did he learn to rap?

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47