Saturday, May 08, 2010

Christina Aguilera “Not Myself Tonight”

Christina Aguilera “Not Myself Tonight”

The first thing I got from this new video is; Christina Aguilera really wants to get laid.

I’m not a fan the actual song. It isn’t because of Aguilera’s powerful voice, but the overproduced techno beat lying over the song. The trance-beat is really distracting. As I stated before, Christina Aguilera can sing really well and she does so here.

And, it needs to be said that she looks like Lady Gaga in the music video. I’ve come to hate Lady Gaga’s stupid outfits and overproduced techno beats as well. It is kind of a shame that Aguilera feels to the need to cross between Gaga and Madonna when her own visual style is enough. I even get that video even says, “She’s not herself”, but this is taking it a bit too far.

I don’t really have a problem with the sexual lyrics and visuals. This is because she’s had many dirty songs in the past. I just wish the song was better produced.

It is good to see Aguilera back in action.

Grade: C

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47