Monday, February 05, 2007

Rambo Balboa: First Blood Part 2: the next one

from the game Bible Adventures

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEVzPCY2T-g

Have you ever been confused by the weird sequel numbering in movies and videogames? Well, you’re not alone. This guy explains the confusing details of the numbering of movies and videogames. I still don’t understand the whole Street Fighter and Mega Man numbering system. This guy is pretty funny.

Note: Some of the numbering changes in sequels has to with the makers attempting to distance themselves from some of the more terrible movies or videogames. Does the new Rocky film really want to be related in any way to the horrible Rocky V?

____________________

The same guy also goes after all those illegal Christian videogames that were released for the NES and the 64. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkNvQYiM6bw

One of the worst companies that was responsible was Wisdom Tree, which ripped the game engine from the American version of Super Mario Brothers 2. Who knew people back then just carried sheep and lions above their heads?

7 comments:

MC said...

It's like Jay Mewes ripping games.

Semaj said...

Now that I think about it, you're right. He kept me laughing through the whole video.

MC said...

I remember watching him rip Friday the 13th around Halloween... that was sweet.

MC said...

Oh god... he made one about Back to the Future. I got farther in that piece of crap than he did, and trust me it didn't get any better.

Semaj said...

I need to check out the Friday the 13th one.

I think it's a toss up between BTTF and Alf videogames. I vaguely remember playing Back to the Future. That music is horrid too.

I wonder if they simply released it as Back to the Future and it was actually something else completely.

MC said...

Well, then they added that dance scene to BTTF, which was one of the grand daddies of Dance Dance Revolution.

Semaj said...

Great Great grand daddy.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47