Monday, April 15, 2013

Psy: Gentleman



Psy: Gentleman
At first, I didn't like this song as much as his first global hit. However, I've come to really like it and I laugh every time I see some of his antics in this video. I love the “new” dance and the lead woman really knows how to sway those hips.
The song is another parody of those heavy electronic dance songs that have infected our pop culture of late and I love that Psy keeps making fun of it. It is carried over from his Gangnam Style.
The biggest reason I love Psy is because he's making millions using the new style of music making. If you make a popular video, people will then in turn go out to buy it. If you make it viral enough, people will buy it. Right now, the song has had over 76 million hits, beating out Justin Bieber and that's good thing because I freaking hate Beiber...a lot.
Yes, the swaying hips dance is a slight modification of the Abracadabra dance from the K-Pop group Brown Eyed Girls. You can check out in all of its swaying goodness here. The girl dancing with Psy is from that group (Brown Eyed Girls) and is featured doing the modified dance. (Ga-In )

Notes
-Stink Palm?: Did he pull a Kevin Smith and stink palm a woman studying in a library? You have love the fact that he's roaming around libraries trolling women.
-I love the old men that follow him around in the beginning. Watch their heads.
-Wet Psy!: I find it funny because it sounds like he's saying “west side!”
-Besides the Humping Guy showing up in the background, watch for Psy splashing the lady with the tea in the restaurant.
-The Man in the Yellow Suit: He must be related to The Guy in the Yellow Hat. I laugh every I see him wanting to take a shit and Psy being the major troll. How many times has this happened? When you have to shit, but every seems to attempt to slow you down by talking to you or driving slow in front of you.
-Did Psy just pull a Biff Tannen?: If you watch closely, he isn't playing soccer (football) with the children, but he is just roaming onto the field and kicking the ball out of range of the kids. I thought he was just playing a game with them and then trolling. “Psy, give us back our ball.”
-Wet Psy!



No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47