Saturday, April 13, 2013

Chris Brown: Fine China


Chris Brown: Fine China
I hate to say this, but I actually like this song and the music video. I hate Chris Brown as person and a singer. However, this song is very good and well written. It is clearly heavily influenced by Michael Jackson's Thriller and Off the Wall albums. The chord progressions and “whoos”are clearly Michael Jackson.
I also like that Chris Brown doesn't rely on auto-tune in this song like his other songs. He uses his voice just like MJ. Plus, the guitar and bells work in giving this song a bright feeling. I think this is in the right direction for Brown and he should rely less on the heavy-produced dance songs he's been into recently. I know people don't like that he is using the 80s style of music here with the Off The Wall feel of the song, but it works.
-The actress, while very hot, isn't that good. Brown is actually better.
- Dr. Pierre Chang has returned. It is good to see the Doctor from Lost made it off the island and turned to a life of crime in the triad.
-I like the neon light effects in the city. That is clearly a MJ throwback too. The lighting and color tones does bring you back to the 90s Micheal Jackson era of music videos. The music video almost feels like it shares the same universe as MJ's music videos.
-Heck, I even liked the dance fight. But, Brown looks a little corny in some shots. Is the man eating anything, because he's looking a bit thin?
-Did she get naked in his car? I'm not complaining, I just wanted to point that out.
So, it ends on a cliffhanger. Will they do a follow up? Who knows?
I am not a fan of CB, but damn this is a nice nostalgia trip down the early MJ solo road. And, it has a smooth sound it. Damn it, Chris, I like this song.
Grade: B+
 Why do I think "Nice F'ing model"?  Honk-Honk
__________________________________________________________
You've been f'ed by a smooth criminal.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought for a minute that it sounded like he got the Jacksons (Michael's brothers) to perform on the song. Love the drums and guitar playing in this song! And it also sounds like Michael Jackoson's songs from Off the Wall.But the record is undeniably Chris! Amd this is the first 2013 song I've heard! This song needs to race up those charts, because it's so infectious, fun and catchy.

Semaj said...

I can see that with the Jackson Five thing. The Guitar is what sold it for me. It is very Off the Wall thing that's sure.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47