Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Bill Cosby fake rant via Facebook


Another Reason to hate Social Media...Bill Cosby fake rant
One of the things I always hate about Facebook when someone spreads around a fake meme political statement that is based on no facts and the only reason it is carted around is to support that person's political view. Unlike other forms of media, no one bothers to do a bit of research into the said post.
The latest one is this stupid Bill Cosby Rant “I'm 83 and tired” one. In the fake rant, he talks about being tired of people calling (( drug addicts have a disease )), and rants about global warming and bashing Arabs. None of this sounds like Cosby, yet everyone is floating this shit around like it is true in order to support whatever views they have.
Now, the reason I bring this up is because one of my friends on Facebook a few years ago left a (pass it along) story about Obama Banning the National Prayer Day. She posted this and I did some digging and found out it was completely false. And I pointed this out to her and even left a link in her post. Her response was, “Well, he shouldn't.” 
 Uh, despite your views, shouldn't you take that down now that you know it isn't true?   If someone said the same thing about Bush, I'd say the same thing.  
And, they are people knowing letting these fake rants continue when they're not true.  That't the part I don't get.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear you. Totally agree!! It's so disappointing. I have also posted the link to the statement Bill Cosby made denouncing the fake rant. Persons were annoyed with me. I was told that people should feel free to post without researching. And that I am affecting their ability to speak freely. It all makes me want to cry in despair.

Semaj said...

Thanks for the comment. I get a little pissed off when people keep posting it as if it is true and more and more people "liking" it. It is just strange that people don't even bother to remove the post after it has been proven false.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47