Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Poor Jonah Hex

Poor Jonah Hex

In just two weeks, Jonah Hex has only made 9.1 million dollars at the box office. Keep in mind that the movie's budget is 47 million. Ouch...

That's not a good investment. Jonah Hex is one of those movies that was plagued with behind the scenes problems from pre-production to post-production.

From Reuters, ((But after Hayward delivered his cut, Warners decided to move in a different direction and brought in "I Am Legend" helmer Francis Lawrence to oversee reshoots. How extensive those reshoots were remains a subject of debate. ))

That sounds vaguely like Fanboys and Catwoman. Both of those movies were reshot extensively, and we saw how they turned out.

You would think WB would've learn from its big mistake on Catwoman, but that simply isn't the case. And, it would seem WB will see some red because of the poor box office take. I'm sure WB would like to forget Hex all together.

Btw, the way here's a very good picture of Megan Fox in her sexy outfit in Jonah Hex. Now, you don't have to see the movie. Enjoy



2 comments:

MC said...

Apparently Josh Brolin knew it was a bad movie.

"When I first read it I thought, ‘Oh my God, it’s awful.’ And then I had a moment a week later and I thought … maybe the thing to do is to do the most awful movie I can find."

Yeah... that is quality work right there.

Semaj said...

He also joked about the worst scene in the movie, the huge machine guns strapped to a horse, and said he knew it was stupid, but he laughed and only he laughed.

Other thing I heard even if it was a hit, Brolin probably wouldnt have came back because of the heavy makeup

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47