Monday, June 28, 2010

Lady Gaga's “Alejandro” with Madonna and Ace of Base?

Lady Gaga's “Alejandro” influenced by Madonna's 'La Isla Bonita ? I kind of mentioned it a while back in my review.

Both songs have a Latin flavor, but they say Ace of Base's “Don't Turn Around”. And, it matches with the Ace of Base song completely structurally.

Someone actually remixed the Ace of Base with Lady Gaga.

It turns out both songs end up better for it. I like this version much better than the originals. Some people are saying Gaga stole the song, but the songs are different enough that I can't support that theory. It is more of a mash up of Gaga using “Don't Turn Around”, “Like a Prayer” , and “'La Isla Bonita”. Gaga's Telephone has a lot of Michael Jackson influences. And to be fair, the song “Don't Turn Around” was actually sung by Tina Turner first.

I can't believe this, but I am defending Lady Gaga here.

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47