Wednesday, March 21, 2007

The new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie is coming up

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

This site has an intriguing look back at the Mutant Turtles. I pretty much agree with everything they said.

When I was very young, I used own a pet turtle. All it did was swim, eat and sit on the rock, sleeping away its time. I found turtles rather boring, until I saw Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!

I fondly remember watching the first episode way back in the day. I laughed at the crazy concept and the funny moments. Hey, the Turtles were actually cool for once. Hell, I even remember going to theater with my brother and loving the first movie.

Let’s look back at some of the Ninja Turtles Milestones

"Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles": The cartoon series that put the turtles on the map. It mixed action with comedy. If I’m not mistaken, the show was in syndication and on the Network for many years. Yeah, the show jumped the shark during its later years, but it still is better than most stuff on TV today.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The first movie. Yeah it was corny, but it was amazing what they did with robotic puppets and stuff. “I love being a turtle!” This movie is completely unconnected to the cartoon continuity.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze: “Go Ninja, go ninja go!” How do you make the follow up movie even cornier than the 1st movie? Add a useless dance number with Vanilla Ice! This movie is much lighter in nature. I’m not sure calling your movie The Secret of the Ooze makes your movie more appealing.

3 comments:

Becca said...

I loved the Turtles...the cartoon, the comic and that silly Super NES game. Turtles rocked!

Anonymous said...

Maybe your turtle needed shredder to pay him a visit, then he'd don his belt. I am thoguh really looking forward to this game, i loved to play the older ones on that console of which i forget the name

Semaj said...

Becca: I fondly remember playing the game in the arcade too. Man, those were the days.


Blayde: Lol, I don't remember what happened to my pet turtle. Did I let it go? Did it die of boredom? I can't remember.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47