Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Happy Death Day

Happy Death Day
Okay, Universal, you got my attention. I was watching a video on YouTube and this trailer came up. (actually, it was a slightly different version of the released trailer). While I generally don't like watching many modern horror movies, this one caught my eye. The concept is completely different. Plus, it crosses genres with a sci-fi element as well.
It is part Groundhog Day and part Halloween. If done right, this movie could jump-start the slasher movies again with a sci-fi gimmick. (I could also mention the Cause and Effect episode of TNG too) It is clearly a remake of Groundhog Day with the stabbing.

50 Cent's song is a clever way to connect it to the concept of Groundhog Day.  

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47