Sunday, February 19, 2012

Nicki Minaj: Stupid Hoe (Review?)


Nicki Minaj: Stupid Hoe (Review?)
We like the Nicki Minaj.  We really do.  I find her cute, but this is just strange. 
I at first thought this was a take on the TLC song Silly Ho, but it has nothing to do with that old song. 
I really don’t know what to say, but at least the music video is…colorful.  As far as the music goes, the song feels like someone just let Nicki sit in a studio and randomly come up with things to say in the mic.  While it isn’t musical in any way or shape, it is better than Willow Smith’s Whip My Hair
I’m not sure what the song is about other than something about a “stupid hoe.  The beat is what is really annoying about the song.  The “whooo’s” are a bit too much for an already frantic track.   For good measure, they threw in that annoying air raid siren. 
You see I am not sure if this song is supposed to be taken straight or a parody of those strange videos from the 90s.  
Yes, the masterful Hype Williams did direct the music video, but the editing feels more like a YouTube Poop edit than an actual video.  I nearly passed out because the frantic flashing on the screen. 
And, I get that is video is a take on those strange Busta videos he’s been known for.  But, the music is so annoying that is hard for me to sit through it.  However, what do I know?  The video has gotten major views on YouTube.  This video isn’t for me.  It is for the girls that spend a hundred hours texting and have attention span of 2 second.  I get that.  But, can we please have a song that doesn’t make the ears bleed?
Then, there are those creepy anime eyes. 
I should also mention that BET refuses to show this video.  Yes, the BET that is known for showing bad “booty” videos.  So much so, The Boondocks made fun of it.  Really, BET? 
 Did I mention she is also some type of shapeshifter in the video? 

2 comments:

lalalalauren said...

Dude. This video gave me nightmares.

Semaj said...

Lol, agreed

It still does for me too.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47