Monday, February 06, 2012

GLAAD: grasping at straws (Roland S. Martin Tweets)


GLAAD: grasping at straws (Roland S. Martin Tweets)
Once again, I fully support gay equal rights and marriage. I believe we need to let go of the hatred of gay people and the harmful acts against them. We also need to hold those countries responseable for the gay bashing in certain regions too. But, I think GLAAD is hunting the wrong fox in this story. Read on...
From EW Inside TV, ((GLAAD took offense to tweets by CNN contributor Roland S. Martin and has now started a petition to have him fired from CNN. Martin, however, maintains his tweets were taken out of context. Here’s what happened.))
Uh, once again Twitter is involved. “Out of context” how about completely missing the mark? So, what were the offensive tweets?
From EW, ((“Ain’t no real bruhs going to H&M to buy some damn David Beckham underwear! #superbowl,” “If a dude at your Super Bowl party is hyped about David Beckham’s H&M underwear ad, smack the ish out of him! #superbowl,”  ))
Uh, that's not being homophobic. That's just a sports guy calling underwear by Beckham being un-man like. If you've been around guys like this, you will understand. Everyone of these guys question each others manhood in such a manner.
It is the same way I feel about hipsters wearing skinny jeans. I don't think of it in a negative gay light, but that men shouldn't be wearing skinny jeans especially fat hipsters. (You're not fooling anyone) And, I feel men shouldn't put much thought into underwear. You just grab your six pack of underwear and move on. I certainly don't want Beckham on my underwear. (That came out wrong)
GLAAD is so uptight, and they're looking for a crusade or villain to go after.
When you have Republicans gender-sex bating their base by saying hateful things about the G&L community and you're going after a sports guy for making a “be a man” remark, you are missing the point completely. GLAAD tends to go after comedians and people like this when they should be going after the people that compare their lifestyle as being in league with the devil. Find common ground with groups in order to get G&L marriage passed in other states. Don't lash out at every little thing you find offensive.
You're missing the point, GLAAD. Please go after the real bullying and the hateful speech, instead of a damn Twitter post about underwear. There are groups out there that want to see the G&L population wiped off the face of the Earth. I'd focus on those people. Go after your real enemies, GLAAD.
From EW, ((“Fam, let me address the issue that some in the LGBT community have raised regarding some of my Super Bowl tweets yesterday. I made several cracks about soccer as I do all the time. I was not referring to sexuality directly or indirectly regarding the David Beckham ad, and I’m sorry folks took it otherwise. It was meant to be a deliberately over the top and sarcastic crack about soccer; I do not advocate violence of any kind against anyone gay, or not. As anyone who follows me on Twitter knows, anytime soccer comes up during football season it’s another chance for me to take a playful shot at soccer, nothing more.” ))

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47