Friday, November 17, 2006

Prison Break (1st Season) Review

Prison Break (1st Season)

There are many TV shows that I often ignore because I usually don’t like watching Prime Time TV, and I simply distain the crap-filled ads. However, because of good word of mouth, I decided to rent Prison Break (PB) on DVD. Given that it was on FOX, I sort of already had my mind made up on the show, because FOX is not known for really good programming. I was pleasantly surprised on how good the show really was. After watching years of another prison show, OZ, I didn’t think they could find a unique way of showing prison life, but the writers somehow managed to do it, and they did it well. Plus, it was fun watching Michael Scofield figure out a complex way of breaking out of prison was fun to watch. However, like I said in an earlier review, PB works best when we see the conspiracy unfold over the season.

I also enjoyed watching the interaction between the Breaking Out Group, each one brought their personal skills to the break out. Theodore "T-Bag" Bagwell sometimes stole the screen away from Scofield, as well as Peter Stormare whose role as John Abruzzi was also a bright spot on the show. The music in the show isn’t that good, but acceptable. The last few episodes are tight and to the point, as well as nicely edited and dramatic. I’m looking forward to Season 2.

Grade B+

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still like Sucre the best, especially after the flashback episode.

Anonymous said...

I think I'm liking the 2nd season more - you get more backstory on everyone :D

Semaj said...

MC: That Flashback Episode was one of the best Eps on the show, even though it felt like a ep of LOST. I forgot to mention that in my review.

@Yvonne: I heard some shocking things about season 2 and that certain characters get killed off.

I'm looking for to S2 on DVD

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47