Thursday, November 30, 2006

Slither (review)

Slither

Slither is one of those movies that I find difficult to put into one category, because it’s not exactly a straight horror movie, but it isn’t fully a comedy. There were times when I would laugh and times when I had to look away. For the most part, Slither handles this balance fairly well.

And, the best way to balance the horror/comedy elements is to bring in an actor that has had years of this experience on a show called Firefly, Nathan Fillion. Fillion adds the right amount of wit when needed and the seriousness when the scene calls for it.

The main plot of the story is that an alien blob comes to Earth and takes over a Human by the name of Grant. Grant then goes out kidnaps a local woman and infects her with a virus that makes her eat everything living around her. That is until she becomes fat and has hundreds of these little alien worms. Then these worms force themselves into the mouths of every living thing in the area. The worms take over the bodies and turn them into zombies. Trust me I’m ‘dead’ serious about this. The plot is a little loopy, but I think that was what the writer/director had in mind from the get-go.

I can’t say I’d recommend this movie to anyone, but it’s not a bad movie. Hey, if you get tired of watching How Freddy Got Fingered, then rent this movie.

Grade C

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47