Thursday, November 09, 2006

Mr. Eko

So long Mr. Eko

Well, it looks like Mr. Eko has been killed by Lostzilla. Of all the newer characters, I liked Eko the most. I always felt he was an interesting counterpoint to Locke, plus he had some cool flashbacks. However, with his death, now we know that Lostzilla can take the form of dead people, and that Jack's vision of his dad on the island was probably Lostzilla in another form. I really hate to see Eko go, but I heard that Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje wanted out of the show, and he wasn't suppose to have a long term commitment.

You have to love the fact that he carried around a 'Jesus Stick' and beat people with it.

Note: He also ended up dying in the show OZ as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder why writers nowadays have no problems killing off major characters, after they've made us invest emotionally in them? :(

Semaj said...

One of the things I heard was that the actor was not getting along with the other actors and demanding script changes for his character.

He wanted out of the show and they let him go. He couldn't have gone out in a better way. But, I just wish they would think about killing off people before we get connected to them.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47