Monday, June 19, 2006

Random Thoughts (A father’s tale)

Random Thoughts (A father’s tale)

~Well, father’s day has gone by and I didn’t call my father. And, quite frankly, I feel good about it. I’ve tried my best to keep him out of my life completely and I’ve succeeded. If there is one person that gets on my nerves, it is my father. Never has there been such a loser.

However, I have to say that payback is a bitch. He treated my brother and I like shit and now we won’t even talk to him.

~One of the final straws in the non-relationship with my father was a moment when he called me right out of the blue.

“Hey,” he said over the phone. I could hear the apprehension in his voice. I was certain all the physical problems he had now were starting to affect his mind.

I didn’t want to talk to him, but I did. “Hello, how are you?” I asked, lying.

“Great, everyone in Memphis are doing well too,” he replied.

“Uh, that’s great…” I managed to say. I started to get slightly angry because I didn’t want to talk to him, but I didn’t want to be rude either.

There was a long pause of silence between us.

“How’s your writing coming along? You haven’t given up on it yet, have you?”

“No,” was all I could say.

The last question pissed me off more than anything else. He was always a negative guy toward me, smashing my dreams. He pretty expected me to give up, because that’s the kind of father he was to us. He never grave us a helping hand, but belittled us when he had a chance. What an ass. The fact that he would even ask that question pissed me off so much that the conversation pretty much ended right there.

I haven’t talked to him over a year now.

2 comments:

wierufhwre said...

I didn't call my father, either, for the same reasons you stated. No thank you.

Semaj said...

I feel ya

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47