Friday, September 27, 2019

Blackface...

For some stupid reason, I watched Cheech and Chong’s Still Smokin.  I remembered the pink creature in a dress, but not the scene below.   



I was never a huge fan of Cheech and Chong’s humor, but I am not an SJW either.  The problem is this kind rings offensive, but not in a super-blackface way.  I think Chong could have captured the same humor if he kept his own skin tone and played it as a white guy thinking he was a black blues singer.   Being a black man, I sort of laughed at the harmonica bit.  However, it just comes across as boring and stupid.  The entire movie is made up skits and it is a horrible movie.  
BTW, I saw this on IFC.  That channel shows commercials on their movies, but show full nudity in the movies.  Huh?  This movie has many scenes with full female frontal nudity.  
Side Note:  It should be noted that Chong has a half-black daughter.  

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47