Monday, August 05, 2019

About that Chuck Tingle game...


About that Chuck Tingle game...
While I don't see eye to eye with Zoe Quinn, I am glad she's finally found a place to fit in with becoming a professional fiction writer. However, this Chuck Tingle project just keeps bothering me due to the lack of reporting.  What I do like is that somehow that E3 leak has turned into another small battle for a forgotten culture war. 
Schreier came back with a nice example, but Snyder returned with a hard burn. 

I still haven't heard Vice or others that covered the start of the development of that Chuck Tingle game. Quinn successfully raised 85K for an FMV game and still hasn't released an update to the backers a year later. Yet, only a handful of people are even writing about it. I hate to sound like Alex Jones, but it feels like people are protecting her within the industry.
From Niche Gamer, ((Likewise, while speaking with another member of the team I was told they were paid their hourly wage on time, and had even been reimbursed for other expenses. Everything was by the books as per the information that has been revealed to me within recent weeks. No one felt underpaid, and everyone got their checks on time.  ))
As Sophia Narwitz writes it doesn't seem Quinn had any intention to scam money from the backers and supporters. People were paid for their work, but the project just stalled. My problem is no is talking or writing about it despite the steam it had early on. It just seems so odd. People won't even write a story about leaning positively toward Quinn and the stalled project to help get more funding.



No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47