Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Star Trek: Picard Trailer


Star Trek: Picard Trailer
I've fallen out of favor with watching Star Trek Discovery, but I am not really interested in this new Picard show. Whereas Discovery wanted to walk all over history, Picard seems to want to embrace what happened before while pushing a new cast and crew. I like the new cast of characters with the old faces from Trek. Will we see any DS9 characters?
Anyway, I really liked the trailer and it surprised me with its appearances of old favorites.  Okay, CBS, I will buy your service during the Picard season.  Won't be watching Discovery.  
-Picard's vineyard: Nice connection to the series and movies with the vineyard. We'll see some Chateau Picard being poured. I also heard Picard will have a dog. Captain Archer and Kirk had dogs. This might be a shoutout to Generations.
-Data/B4?: This is either a figment of Picard's mind due to his mental issues hinted during All Good Things episode. We see body parts of a Data type person, but that could be Lore or B4. However, this could be Data's remains due to the scorch marks, or it could be Lore because he was damaged too.
-Loved seeing the old movie/DS9 delta shields.
-Hugh will play a big part in the show: I like this development, but he is not in the trailer. The actor is also reprising his role.
-Romulan makeup upgrade: I like the new Rom makeup. It keeps with the ones in Trek 09, but has a slightly different look. I am guessing we can still tell Roms and Vulcans apart.
-7 of 9 Returns!: That was a complete shock to me. I had no idea she was working on this show. Given her horrible experiences on VOY, I thought she was done with Trek, but she has returned and looks great. I am guessing she is more human given that it has been 20-plus years.
-Mysterious Woman: I honestly think Midnight Night's Edge had it right. She is the child of Picard and the Borg Queen. This makes sense when you connect it to the Borg ship and Borg bodies.
 Remember All Things Good?  Hmm...
___________________________________________________________

Could 7 of 9 be a Section 31 agent? 



No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47