Friday, May 24, 2019

Quentin Tarantino: Another battle in the culture war?

I hate the fact that I have to defend Quentin Tarantino.  I love his movies, but he is a bit too smug and annoying sometimes.  And, he really wants to be black.  However, there are certain people in the press that want to bring Quentin down.   
And, Robbie crushed it with her response via Maxim, ((Robbie followed up. "I got a lot of time to explore the character even without speaking. Rarely do I get to spend so much time on my own as a character. That was actually an interesting thing for me to do as an actor.")) 
Let’s look at the movies that have strong female characters.  Jackie Brown Kill Bill GrindhouseDeath Proof Inglourious Basterds .  
I find it interesting that journo Farah Nayeri was fishing for controversy and was going to find something wrong with Quentin.  He picked up on it and gave a non-aswer.  For me, I would have given a nonanswer to shut her down and let Robbi destroy instead with facts.  Has the culture war gotten so bad that we’re now battling it out even before the movie has been released?   This is getting out of hand.  We're calling for blood before we can even judge a movie on its own merits.  Telling a good story first is more important than representation, but somewhere we've forgotten this.  

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47