Saturday, May 04, 2019

John Singleton RIP


John Singleton RIP

From Wiki, ((On April 17, 2019, Singleton suffered a stroke and was placed under intensive care.[25] He reportedly began to experience weakness in his legs after returning to the United States from a trip to Costa Rica. On April 25, it was reported that he was in a coma,[26] but his daughter claimed otherwise.[27] On April 29, Singleton was removed from life support, and he died at the age of 51 at Cedars-Sinai Hospital. ))
It was a total shock to read that director John Singleton passed away. I grew up watching Boyz in the Hood. While he wasn't a prolific as Spike Lee, he made some really fun and serious movies. Higher Learning, Rosewood and Shaft are some of my favorite films from his collection. While his Fast and Furious movie isn't that good, it does bring in the humor to the series. He produced both Hustle and Flow and Black Snake Moan. Both are enjoyable movies. Heck I even remember his cameo in the shitty movie Beverly Hills Cop III as a random firefighter. This is the same movie that had George Lucas in a cameo too.
Given that I am a black writer (a shitty writer), I looked up to Singleton's work as being important to me.   Three years ago, I realized how fragile life was when I nearly died and spent a week in a hospital.  It just shows that any of us can go out at any time.  Singleton was only in his early 50s.  




No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47