Friday, August 31, 2018

Wil Weaton leaves social media...for good? Shut up, Wil?

Wil Weaton leaves social media...for good?
I have disagreed with Wil many times, yet he did something surprising recently. After standing on the virtue signaling with his boycott of Twitter, he moved to two other social media look-a-likes. Mastodon was one of those social media clones and things didn't go well.
I find it fitting it wasn't the alt-right douchebags that kicked him off, but the far left. We live in interesting times when not even Wil is “woke” enough.
From his Blog/site, (( I was harassed from the minute I made my account, and though I expected the “shut up wesley”s and “go fuck yourself”s to taper off after a day or so, it never did. And even though I never broke any rules on the server I joined (Mastodon is individual “instances” which is like a server, which connects to the “federated timeline”, which is what all the other servers are), one of its admins told me they were suspending my account, because they got 60 (!) reports overnight about my account, and they didn’t want to deal with the drama. ))
Despite being a white knight for Anita and Zoe, he isn't woke enough for Mastodon. He never broke any rules and they him off the site. WTF? Wil Wheaton? He's the man that has devoted years to far left leaning projects and it still triggered people that he was on Mastodon. It seems there were many false flagging going on.
It gets crazier. Here are the reasons the admins booted him. Back during Gamergate, Wil used a GG block-bot that also blocked Trans folks as well. He also is friends with Chris Hardwick. And, he has sided with certain feminists that some consider transphobic.
He really got my respect for this line on his Mastodon. ((Anyway, take your victory lap and collect your prizes. You’ve made it clear that I’m not welcome here, and even though I disagree with the action this Admin is taking (banning me when I didn’t break any rules doesn’t seem right), I respect and support the Admin’s decision to run their instance the way they see fit. ))
This guy put in the SJW hours and he gets treated like this.
As a guy that deals with server depression, I am going to give Wil some advice. Step away from social media and work on your writing skills. Get back to doing creative things, even acting. That Picard show is coming up. Work on your own tabletop show. Put aside the constant social media bickering and do something creative again. Write another damn book.
For the love of God, stop doing those stupid soyboy smiles in pictures.  


No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47