Tuesday, August 14, 2018

FFXI: Airship music (Bringing back those FFXI memories)

FFXI:  Airship music (Bringing back those FFXI memories) 


Listening to this laidback track just puts me back to a different time when I spent hours upon hours playing FFXI on my PS2.  I remember riding my first airship to Kazham.  It was a great moment and the music made it better.  Basically, you went to another land that wasn’t really connected to the mainland and you had to take an airship to it.   

What made FFXI standout from the rest of the Online RPGs was the music.  It was really good and invoked feeling and culture.  The Airship theme invoked wonder because that was what you felt.  


I’ve been watching a lot of FFXI videos lately and having a desire to get back to this super old game.  It had a charm to it.  Plus, the game has gotten better with the robo-team members like the FFXII model of gameplay.  FFXII was influenced by FFXI, but then FFXI used the auto-battle AI members in later updates.  No longer do you have to wait for parties to pick you up.   

 Anyway, here is a sweet remix of the track. 



No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47