Saturday, June 02, 2012

NYC Soda Ban rant...


NYC Soda Ban

Does Having government telling you what to drink seem right? This is the wrong direction to fight America from being fat. The government doesn't need do this. It's call personal responsibility. Instead of sitting around for hours playing videogames or TV shows, how about going out to walk or jog? Look, I've limited my intake of soda a great deal to the point I've given up my beloved Coke (I do drink a Mexican Coke from time to time). The only true soda I drink is an energy drink, and I've cut back on that too. I drink a lot of juices now...like the Turkey Hill stuff. And, I do feel healthier today. I exercise more than I did say five years ago, but it still comes down to personal choice.  I made the choice.  
And, you can't use the healthcare cost argument because we don't truly have government healthcare.
From Huffington Post, ((New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg plans to propose a far-reaching municipal ban on sales of large-size sugary beverages by restaurants, mobile food carts, movie theaters and delis, his administration said on Wednesday. ))
If you want people to eat healthier and have government butt in, force soft drink company to switch to sugar instead of Corn Syrup. And, if we are going to ban the size of soft drinks, what about alcohol drinks...hmm? Aren't they fattening too? 
Forcing government on policies like this are wrong. You should be focusing on people going to the park and working out.
It will be interesting to see how the lobby groups take this on.
Fail or Win?
__________________________________________________________________

And, look, I am the first to complain about the guy fat guy in the movie theater with the Big Gulp soda and huge bucket of popcorn and M&Ms.  We don't need to shovel our faces with shit like this while watching a movie. I certainly don't eat or drink anything at a movie theater.  

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47