Monday, June 18, 2012

The Hangover 2


The Hangover 2
This follow up isn’t bad, but not nearly as good as the first one.  Beat for beat the movie is nearly identical to the first movie to the point that it gets a little boring.  This time around they go to Thailand, and that’s about it on the differences.  And, don’t get me wrong there are some funny moments here and there.  And, I found myself liking their exploits from the night before more entertaining than the current story being told. 
I’ll also give the movie credit for being slightly darker in tone than the first one.   However, that doesn’t make up for a weaker script than the first movie.  All the major players are back and pretty much fit right into the role they were in the first one.  Zach’s character gets them into trouble again.
The movie just isn’t as good as the first one with the entire story beats being played out exactly the same.  This sequel is more of a remake than a sequel anyway.  Then there are cheap laughs that make me shake my head like the transvestite jokes.  I like raunchy humor, but those jokes seems a little too ugly.  Again, the darker elements are refreshing, but the repeated jokes from the first film do get tiresome.  I can’t say I’d recommend the movie, but it isn’t as bad as say Freddy Got Fingered. 
Grade C-
 The Hangover crew looks at the new Lindsay Lohan movie.  
__________________________________________________________
By the way, I love the hipster shirt Zach is wearing.  I'm guessing he just showed up on set with it on. 


No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47