Wednesday, June 02, 2021

Tenet

 

Tenet 


This is not a review, but just me being completely perplexed.  This movie made me feel like a true boomer trying to figure out Twitter and TikTok.  Thanks to director Christopher Nolan, the movie’s concept is believable but confusing.  Not only do we have a brilliant time travel concept, but it also works as a strange James Bond movie.   


 I loved the movie and the idea of reverse time, but I still can’t get a complete handle on the movie.  Plus, I love all the hidden things that happen because the reverse people are meeting their forward counterparts.  The reverse fight scene is amazing, and it pays off midway through the movie.  The car chase scene is another one that I really love, yet I still don’t know what exactly happened.   


-John David Washington:  He is the man and the movie rest on his shoulders.  I had no idea that Washington is the son of Denzel.  His speech patterns and mannerisms are clearly  


-Robert Pattinson:  For all the shit I’ve given him for those shitty vampire movies, Pattinson is amazing.  You sold me on him playing Batman now.   


I can’t properly review this movie because I am not even sure I fully understand the movie.  Is this how my parents feel about the modern world.  Are stories getting so complex that I can’t understand them?  Despite watching the movie twice, I enjoyed the movie, just haven’t gotten all the pieces. 

 



No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47