Monday, June 10, 2019

Bugle Boy Jeans Commercial (AndGenisis' I can't dance connection)


Bugle Boy Jeans Commercial (AndGenisis' I can't dance connection)
After watching a Genisis music video “I can't dance” and the opening skit reminded me of a certain commercial. Which set of commercials was this skit taken from? Then, it dawned on me. It was the Bugle Boy Jeans. It was a set of commercials from the 90s when an extremely attractive woman stalks a dude over his jeans. Hey, maybe she is just into men's jeans and that's it. The ads were very funny.  I don't believe that is the same woman in both the video and the ad.  However, there is little information on the woman in the Genisis version. 
The sad news is that Bugle Boy is no longer a brand.  It completely went out of business in 2018.  I am sure hipsters would have embraced it.  


Hey, let's ignore the fact she is watching him in his own apartment. She has his joint wired. Creepy. Please also note the song the jean dude is playing is a very close sound-a-like version of Phil Collins' “In the Air Tonight”. Hmm. 


Check out this blog for a bit more information about the ad. The kicker is that everyone made a parody about this already amusing set of commercials. Even Tiny Toons threw in a joke about it. 
I really do want to drive up to a random chick ask her if those are Bugle Boy Jeans or Guess.  I am sure I'd get the cops called on me.   


No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47