Sunday, December 02, 2018

She-Ra (Part 2 of 3)

 She-Ra (Part 2 of 3) 
 



 Side Note:  Since my review starting to expand, even more, I decided to break my review into three parts instead.  I find it amusing that I have so much to say about a remake show aimed at little girls.  

One of the show’s strongest strengths is the character interaction/development.  On its own, the characters are pretty interesting and different from each other.  And, that is what makes these current animated series better than the earlier series.  Character can grow and change.  While I believe that Noelle Stevenson wants to soak and bask in the waters of vulture signaling, she accidentally fell into the creating good characters.  First and foremost, your characters and story should be king or queen.  

 -Adora / She-Ra: She has the same character arc as the original She-Ra.  I’ve always found her change from being a bad to a good guy to be far more of a dramatic approach than He-Man.  She used to be on the side of evil and understands how the enemy works.   
-Swift Wind:  I HATE this damn horse.  It is like that annoying dude at a coffee shop that talks loudly and believes he’s a funny guy.  Do we need this voice actor?  Boy, this is bad.   

-Scorpia:  Yeah, she is just as stupid as the version from the 80s.  I know some people hate her, but I like her sheer stupidity and child-like mindset.  Also, I like the fact she is on the side of evil and is pretty much an evil person...just stupid.  I know some people hated her, but she is true to the old character.  She just has a Tasha Yar haircut.   

-Glimmer:  I sort of like her.  The show plays her a bit younger than the 80s version.  In the original, she is a bit more of a horndog, she has a huge female crush on He-Man.  She starts out mistrusting Adora but becomes Adora/She-Ra's most trusted friend.  

-CatraShe is another rich character whom is tied to She-Ra.  Unlike the one cardboard version from the 80s show, Catra is a compelling character with an interesting background.  I like the intense rivalry/friendship between Adora.  
  
-Bow:  He starts out as an annoying dandy dude, but turns into something a little bit better.  While the show sets up the Glimmer relationship, it doesn't want to touch that issue.  Bow is a bit too soy-boy, but slowly becomes a badass.   

-Sea Hawk :  He is a cross between Han Solo and Launchpad McQuack.  He also has a thing for setting fire to his own boats and crash them into things.  I really like this character despite the silly nature.   

-EntraptaOkay, she is one of the best characters on the show and she probably the most anime-type of the series.  She is strange and scatterbrain.  I like that she has more of a connection to robots and tech than humans and creatures.  She turns out to be something completely different by the end of the series.  And, I like that.  

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47