Monday, November 27, 2017

Lindsay Shepherd tape

Lindsay Shepherd tape
This is troubling. I don't agree with everything that Jordan Peterson believes in (the religious stuff), but damn this is troubling. I am really more bothered by the trendy words like “problematic” “GamerGate” “alt-right”. All the Buzzfeed trendy words are there for you to encounter.
I also don't like the university is shutting debate in the form. Shepherd is100% right that these young people have to be prepared for varying views other than their own. Learning and knowledge will sometimes “disturb and upset” students and they HAVE to be ready for this. I've spent a lot of time in college and I don't remember it being this repressive. Then again, I was at the 300-400 level classes at the time.
I also love that she is anti-Peterson and she gets attacked for showing a video of Jordan Peterson. The smartest thing she did was record the meeting because the college would have covered it up otherwise.
Instead of me rambling on, here's a better view of my thoughts.
From Global News, ((It is axiomatic that intellectual inquiry, critical reflection and scholarly integrity are NOT POSSIBLE in an institution that prevents some ideas from being articulated,” a statement from the professors reads. ))
Instead of shielding students from “bad thought”, bring the opposing view to the forefront in order to debate and destroy it with better ideas. Then again, we live in a time when block-bots are used for Twitter when someone doesn't agree with us.



No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47