Sunday, July 20, 2014

The Scarecrow from The Wizard of OZ carries a gun.

The Scarecrow from The Wizard of OZ carries a gun. Wait, what?
This comes from Hollywood Babble-On. They did a story about the Scarecrow carrying a gun on their podcast. It is true. For some reason, the Scarecrow is carrying around a six shooter...in a movie aimed at kids. I read that they had to cut out numerous scenes with the Witch because they felt the kids would view her as being too scary.  However, a pistol-carrying brainless straw-man is okay.  
Given I used to watch this movie a lot, I have never noticed this before.
It seems other people noticed that old hay-face is strapped. This sort of changes the way I feel about goofy Scarecrow. The last person in the movie I'd give a gun to is a shaky Scarecrow.  Is this how he scares the crows?  
Was this part of a bigger deleted scene?

I've talked to people that are fans of this movie and they never noticed the gun. And, I am sure they didn't believe me either until I showed them the photo.  
Side Note: Here's the famous deleted Jitterbug scene and number 


The witch sent out the jitterbug to wear them down so the monkeys could attack them. 

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47